Friday 17 June 2011

Funny thing

I just spent a very enjoyable evening sitting painting those 10 British in Home Service Uniform, while Waterloo played on the TV in the background. They're now all about 80% complete, and I'm looking forward to getting another couple of hours to finish them off tomorrow, then starting on the next unit of Almost Prussians (West Wind Zendarians from the Vampire Wars range) to oppose them.

Thing is, I really hate painting figures. Always have. But this, I enjoyed.

Bob Cordery has made an interesting "taking stock" post on his Wargaming Miscellany blog, going through some of the same process I've been going through.. looking at his collections, rationalising them and figuring out how to get the most out of them. It's a process I highly recommend to any miniatures gamer, especially those with hidden "lead mountains" of unpainted and unused figures squirrelled away.

No comments:

Post a Comment