Monday 19 September 2011

Message in a bottle

If anyone is wondering about the lack of posts... On my way back from a pleasant weekend visiting the Nineteenth Century, the time machine has broken down stranding me in the early Twentieth, in a savage and uncivilised time before blogs. Fortunately I have a plentiful supply of tea to sustain me.

Or put another way, my arrival home coincided with my Dad collapsing and being rushed to hospital, so I am currently drafted in as full-time carer for my Mum, with no internet access. Since there's a chance this arrangement may, to some degree or other, become semi-permanent, I'm ordering broadband for my parents home, but this will be a couple of weeks away at the earliest. In the meantime when free from family duties I'm assembling and painting some of the steam tanks I have in the queue, and trying to make inroads into the Victorian Civilians collection.

Chin up, stiff upper lip and all that!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck hope everything turns out okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mosstrooper. Good news, only a few hours after posting the above, Dad returned home from hospital. He's still got a lot of hospital appointments in the near future and "Family Duty" is going to be taking up a lot more of my time in the coming months, but hopefully things will be settling into some sort of equilibrium.

    Next post - back to the serious business of playing with toy soldiers while wearing silly hats.

    ReplyDelete