Thursday 17 November 2011

Letting the days go by, let the water hold me down

First the bad news, this week I've had to admit defeat in the matter of bringing the Novembre Civil war back on its original schedule.  The fact is that I just can't summon the energy or find the time at the moment for the three games a week originally planned, even using fast-play rules like "Rally Round the King".  The thing is supposed to be hobby fun, but trying to force it into an artificial schedule makes it more like hard work.
But the good news is that I've been enjoying these games so much I'm definitely going to complete the originally planned series of battles (four in each region), just over a slightly longer timescale than before.

And I had planned to write more here about what I've been doing this week, but right now I'm on full-time family duty, with my Dad out for the count with a V&D bug, and only tonight my mother's health and behaviour took a serious turn for the worse.  On top of that, I've just woken up 03:30 GMT and been rather spectacularly sick myself.  The next few days promise to be frantic and singularly unpleasant, so don't be surprised if there are no postings for the next week or so.  Normal Service will be resumed shortly.

2 comments:

  1. Dr Vesuvious,

    I hope that you and your family get better as soon as possible. I know what it is like trying to cope when you are not feeling well, and it sounds like you are doing the right thing by not setting yourself artificial time limits.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's OK to admit you underestimated a task and alter your timescales, rather than reduce your enjoyment and quality of blog that results.

    I don't think anybody expected back story and the level of photos and accounts that you've produced. It really has been top notch.

    Hope things get better soon and you can continue the fun. Love to your folks!

    ReplyDelete