Monday 7 November 2011

We know what we're knowing but we can't say what we've seen.

I know what I should be doing right now.  I should be writing a blog post about the cracking little GASLIGHT game we had yesterday afternoon.  Unfortunately Mr Stoopit-Head here managed to leave his camera behind. And battle reports without any pictures are a complete waste of everyone's time (unless as I once did, you compose the report in the form of a country and western ballad) so I'm going to have to wait until Mi Hermano Photographico Jonesy uploads the pictures he took.  Suffice to say a good time was had by all, and there was plenty of tea, cricket and silly hats for everyone.

I'm also overdue on the 2nd Novembre Civil War battle, which had to be postponed from Saturday due to a mixture of Real Life and prep for the GASLIGHT game.  I have the scenario already thrashed out, so I ought to get it played tonight, which will leave me running a battle behind the planned 3 a week.

It was with some sadness that I head that the future of Battlegames magazine is in doubt.  Editor Henry Hyde has announced it is no longer profitable to produce as a print magazine.  I've not been a regular reader to be honest, most of its publication history coinciding with my wargaming wilderness years, but the snippets I'd seen here and there gave me the impression Battlegames was very much a labour of love.  Since hearing the news I've sprung for the "motherlode" collection of back issues in PDF, and have been working my way through them.  I have to say it will be a dreadful shame if Battlegames is lost to the wargaming community, and wish Henry the best of luck in finding a workable business model with which to move forward.

Now, off to Novembre...


No comments:

Post a Comment