Saturday 3 March 2012

The Eve Of The War

It's the night before our first game with the city terrain.  I've just finished printing out the record sheets for the Main Characters and the new vehicles that are debuting in this game.  I spent most of today working out how to pack all the vehicles and troops into as few cases as possible.  One thing I'm going to have to do after this weekend is take another look at what news cases I'm going to need for all the recent vehicle acquisitions.

I'm a little nervous about tomorrow.  We'll have between six and ten players, but unusually MAWS is expecting a particularly busy Sunday session, and there's talk of rationing tables.  Normally I'd postpone the game, but despite my having enquired how busy the club was going to be a couple of weeks ago, it only just this week came to light that there would be not one but two campaigns being played on this Sunday, plus another Big Game (TM) of 40K, and unfortunately this only came up after I'd sent out the final invitations.  Ten of us could find ourselves crammed around a very small table, and we're almost certainly not going to be allowed a side table for setting up and paperwork.

Bah!  Worrying never fixed anything.  Time to chill out for a couple of hours, try to get a good night's sleep and be up early to get down there and stake an early claim to our table(s).


No comments:

Post a Comment