Monday 16 July 2012

It's oh so quiet, shh shh, it's oh so still.

I'm not dead, I'm just resting after a particularly long squark.  Beautiful plumage!

Rampant Monty Python quotes aside, there's been little or no miniatures gaming activity in the past couple of weeks, primarily down to Real World (tm) taking priority.  Nothing drastic, just a combination of my father starting a new series of treatments and me being right in the middle of moving back in with him.

And no, this isn't going to turn into a computer gaming blog.  Though I did spend a couple of days lost in the world of Oolite (and if like me you're in the age group that was playing home computer games on the Beeb, Spectrum or C-64 back in the day, then you'll understand why it left me grinning like a loon). And I have started looking at the "proper" flight simulation crowd and pondering the fun to be had there (did you know there's a worldwide network of simulated air traffic controllers... real people who flight simmers can connect to and get simulated ATC directions?  And every year they run a "Cross the Pond" event where they simulate flights from one side of the Atlantic to the other with 100% ?  IN REAL TIME?  That's eight or nine hours in the simulated cockpit.  Think of that next time you think your tabletop game is dragging on!)

But no, normal service will be resumed shortly.  We have a big GASLIGHT game scheduled in a couple of weeks, and I've managed to accumulate quite a backlog of resin and lead that really does need sorting out as soon as possible.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chris

    Just seeing if your GASLIGHT game is still on for this weekend.

    If it is, what time would you like us to get there and do you need any help setting up?

    Cheers
    Adam

    My email address is (without the asterisks):
    adam*_*woolhead*@*hotmail*.*co*.*uk

    ReplyDelete